John 14:13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
You may question this passage and say you can't just ask God for anything. I guarantee you that if it will bring glory to God, He will do it.
In my earlier posting I talked about some things I had been going through with my job and my relationship with God. This past school year ended much harsher than I had ever imagined in my last posting. My family has had a few hardships as well. Some I could see coming, others no one would ever want to imagine. I have always been taught that you must have faith but you can't expect God to do it all Himself, you must do for yourself as well. God helps those that help themselves I believe is how the saying goes. I have found in reality that is not all that true. Every time I have tried to do something on my own hoping God would use what I have started to open a door for me, that door was slammed shut. My mind kept going back to a sermon Bro. Chris preached. I cannot remember all the details but I do remember him preaching that the saying I just mentioned was not correct. Basically, and I hope I am not messing this up, we need to let go and let God do whatever it is He wants done and stop trying to get in the way. So that is exactly what I have been trying to do. I have been praying for God to open the doors He wants me to go through and to please make sure it is clear enough that I don't miss it. This has been extremely hard. I am not one to sit back and wait on things to happen. I have to be right in there making things happen and making things work. I am always determined that if I don't do my part then it won't get done. That is not at all what God wanted and He has been very clear about it, let me tell you. Through all of this I have been amazed at the people that stood beside me. Amazed does not even describe it, I have been humbled by the friendships that I knew were there but had no idea how strong they were. I usually view people as wanting to be friends as long as they can keep their distance. God has given me a trust in people that I did not know could ever exist anymore, a new faith in friendships. And that is just a small portion of what God has been doing. It is coming extremely close to time for the new school year to begin. I am still not sure what all is going to happen but continue to trust that God is in control and that He will make happen whatever is going to give him glory. I have even prayed for that specifically. Jesus said it best when He said "not my will, but yours be done" (Luke 22:42). The other day as I was reading in the book of John I came across the scripture I started this post with. I immediately stopped and prayed. I asked God at that time to let me know by the beginning of next week, this very week, what was going to happen so that I could stop feeling so, numb is the only word I can use to describe it, even depressed maybe. I asked Him to let me know and I asked it in Jesus' name so that it would bring glory to God, glory to the Father just as the scripture said. And as Priscilla Shirer said, I have been expecting the miracle. So I kept checking my email today, waiting for a phone call, but when the work day was over I still had not received a call. Well, the phone did ring and it was from the school, but I did not get to the phone in time and there was no message so I figured it really wasn't anything to do with anything important. A little later feeling a little frustrated I started typing my question to God into Google, knowing good and well that Google could not answer my question but it was not doing nothing. No, I did not get back any results from Google other than things like how to know when God has answered your prayer and how to get saved. For some reason I had the urge to check my email one last time. I kept telling myself "you idiot it is after 8:00 p.m., there is not going to be anything there until maybe tomorrow, you'd be better off checking back then." Turns out I was not an idiot after all. A little after 5 my boss had sent me an email. A big part of my question was answered. Not all of it, but enough that I am still up after 12:00 a.m. typing this post because I am excited, scared, anxious, and probably a few other emotions all wrapped up in one right now. I hope to find out more tomorrow, and pray that it is all good. God has brought me this far, I trust He is not going to let me down now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.